In order to make an appointment for microblading, you’ll need to read all of the information we have available for microblading on this page and agree to our terms by checking the boxes in the form below and signing it.
Microblading Appointments and Deposits
All appointments are made with a non-refundable deposit so if you cannot make your appointment, you forfeit the money deposited. You can always make another appointment, but all subsequent appointments require a non-refundable deposit.
What is Microblading ?
Microblading is an eyebrow tattoo technique that deposits small amounts of ink in the superficial layer of the skin. It is considered to be a semi-permanent tattoo used as an alternative technique or creating naturally defined fuller eyebrows.
What are 3D brows, feather stroke brows, or hair stroke tattoos?
3D brows, feather strokes bows and hair stroke tattoos are all terms used to describe the same technique, which is offered at Avant Garde Salon.
How long does microblading last?
The traditional tattooed eyebrow technique can last for up to 20 years. This is because the tattooed pigment is sitting in the deeper layers of the skin. Microblading eyebrows is different in that the pigment is imbedded into a layer of the skin they is closer to the surface. For this reason, eyebrows that have been microbladed will last for 1-2 years, as long as it is maintained.
Does it hurt?
Everyone experiences discomfort differently. Most people describe what they feel during the procedure as irritation, scratching, or a slight burning sensation. We use topical anesthetic creams and gels before and during all procedures to numb the area and minimize discomfort.
How long does the procedure take?
The procedure for microblading takes about 2-3 hours. This is an estimated time and varies from client to client.
Do I need to take time off of work?
No, there is no time associated with the microblading procedure. Redness and swelling typically dissipate after a few hours of the procedure.
How long does it take to heal?
Healing varies for each individual. Typically it takes up to 14 days for the epithelial crust to form and slough off. After this, your skin will be considered to have healed.
How long does it last?
Eyebrows that have been microbladed will last up to 1-2 years. As long as they are maintained.
Contraindications for Microblading
You know the state of your health meter than anyone. If you have any medical issues that you feel might be a contraindication, then we suggest you get clearance from your doctor.
Not advised for Microblading:
- Clients who have epilepsy, diabetes, hemophilia or a heart disease of any kind should have a physicians approval prior to any tattooing procedure.
- Clients who are pregnant or nursing – although there is no medical evidence that tattooing would have any effect on an unborn child, we don’t know for sure. We suggest that you err on the side of caution and come back after the baby is born and you are no longer nursing.
- Clients are under 18 years of age.
- Clients on Accutane, Retin-A, or Tropical steroids that thin the skin. Depending on the condition of your skin, it may be too fragile to undergo procedure. You should get clearance from your doctor before considering permanent makeup.
- Clients on prescription strength medications or undergoing treatments the effect the dermal layer of the skin.
- Clients on anticoagulants (blood thinners), long terms use of aspirin, or ibuprofen and some herbal medications. These medications may reduce clotting time resulting in increased bleeding and bruising. This could effect the implantation of pigment as well as increase the healing time.
- Clients who have auto-immune disease should get clearance from our doctor before considering permanent makeup.
- Diabetic clients. If you are a diabetic, you are not a candidate for permeant makeup. Healing could be compromised and take longer than average. However, if your doctor feels that your condition is under control you may request a letter stating that you are able to under go cosmetic tattooing.
- Clients with blood disorders that affect clotting such a hemophilia, sickle cell anemia and platelet could interfere with implantation of pigment, however it is possible to receive successful implantation of permanent cosmetics.
- Clients with mitral valve prolapse, artificial hearty valves, or artificial joints or any person that requires prophylactic antibiotics before dental or other procedures will need to consult three physician for treatment prior to permanent makeup.
- Clients with herpes simplex. People who get fever blisters and/or cold sores may experience an outbreak after procedures. It’s imperative that you discuss the procedure with your physician before the procedure and receive proper instructions on how to prevent an outbreak post procedure. Most physicians will offer a prescription for Zoviraz or Valtrex to and after the procedure.
- Clients with history of keloid or hypertrophic scarring. Persons with tendencies for this type of scaling have the same risk of tattoo.
- If there are any blemishes, pimples, active cold sores, irritation of the skin of any kind, moles or other skin imperfections in or around the area of the procedure, we will not be able to do the procedure until the blemish or area of concern is healed or removed.
You must wait if you’ve recently had:
- Eye surgery. If you had Lasik, cornea repair etc. You will need to wait at least 6 months before a permanent makeup procedure on your eyes.
Scars from surgery or injury must be healed for at least one year prior to service.
- You must be off Retin-A or retinol 7 days prior to appointment an avoid using on or around the area for 30 days after. If used before 30 days, it can cause the pigments to fade prematurely.
Request an Appointment for Microblading
Submit your Deposit for Microblading
For your convenience, we take Zelle which works with all major online banking institutions. Just submit your payment to Avant Garde Salon via Zelle using firstname.lastname@example.org to identify our company.
We also take PayPal payments as well using email@example.com.